Agassiz and the Fish
Begin by reading:
"How Agassiz Taught Professor Scudder"
The writing assignment:
Consider the way Professor Agassiz dealt with his student. It would have taken a lot less time if Agassiz had simply explained bilateral symmetry, and then gone on to other things. Why didn't he do it that way? Can you learn anything from this reading and from the Professor's teaching technique that you can apply to your own university studies?
- The final product will be typed and double-spaced according to MLA format.
- The essay will be at least 1300 words long. (That's about 4 pages in standard format.)
- If the paper does not meet the minimum length requirement, it will be penalized. If you can't think up enough material for four pages, ask for help! Go to the Writing Center! Ask the instructor for advice!
- The final copy of the paper will be submitted through the Blackboard drop box. You will find the drop box link in the Blackboard folder for the week the essay is due.
- Analyzing your draft: Bring your rough of Essay #3 to class Monday, October 17, 2022
- Peer Editing: Bring two paper copies of your rough draft of Essay #3 to class Wednesday, October 19, 2022
- Final Copy Due: Friday, October 21, 2022
This essay is worth 100 points.